[IP] Animas Pump

Title: Animas Pump

I was wondering if anyone else out there has started on the Animas pump or am I still the loner.

BTW, I really like the Animas.  I did notice some differences between the Animas and MM that I think are worth mentioning.

One, On the Animas make sure you tighten the luer lock down as tight as you can get it.  I had cracked some on my MM so I was in the habit of not tightening them down too tight, but I had some leakage in my Animas that cause me lots of problems.

Two, My basal rates have increased slightly.  I have talked to my pump trainer and this appears to be a normal occurance among the different pump manufactures.  My basal rates have gone up about 0.15 units.  Yes, the animas does allow you to set a basal in 0.05 unit increments.

Three, If you are accustomed to using a MM, you will be surprised at the speed of the bolus delivery.

Finally,  I was finally able to go swimming without disconnecting and without have to put it in the clunky sports case.

As I ran across any other items that I think will be of interest to the people on this group, I will be show to post them.  Overall, I am very happy with the pump and I think it is much better than my MM506.

email @ redacted