[IP] Re: relationships and Steel Magnolias

Julie Broughton wrote:

>>Guess what
play it was.  It was Steel Magnolias.  Not the best play to try and explain
that not all diabetics end up this way.<<

I took a lot of exception to the movie "Steel Magnolias" when it came out.
Luckily for me, at that time, I had been D for many years and already had a
child with no problems and no, I didn't die afterwards either... I could
see, however, how the movie could influence the way a non-D person could
view life with a person with D.  I'm sorry, but even though some aspects of
D were presented fairly in the movie, the death sentence that was predicted
for the character with D who chose to have a child was not fair to the many
of us who have had children and went on to live a fairly "normal" life.
"Normal" being in parenthesis here, for what is truly "normal"?