[IP] Does The Pump Always Make a Difference

Hi:  As I am awaiting the approval of paperwork on a Minimed 508, I
naturally have a bunch of questions. One thing I am concerned about, is
if the pump always improves people's A1C results, and daily BG.
I guess what I want to know is if the constant supply of insulin makes
that much of a difference, because I detect from reading others messages
that you can still make major miscalculations in carb counting, and
still end up in the higher range.
I think I have a slight fear that if I get one, I wont be any better
off--which is probably not true, but still a concern.
Maybe someone here can understand what I'm getting at.  Feel free to
write me back, please!