Re: [IP] starting a pump group

Robin and Kevin,

While I haven't started a pump group, I have joined one that was already in
existence in Houston.  The people sponsoring are employees of Insulin
Infusion Specialties (IIS).  While they sell pump supplies, I have never
felt pressured to use their company.  The advantage that they bring is their
contacts in the industry.  We had a representative of the At Last Meter at
our last meeting.  Our next meeting is going to be talking about the Glucose
and Blood Ketone meter.  If we bring a prescription from our doctor for this
meeting, the rep will give us a free meter.    So it is kind of nice having
IIS sponsor the pump group and provide us with these opportunities.  That is
just one perspective.

Brian Mozisek
Pumping since 1996
D since 1994