Re: [IP] Need serious help

What a frustrating situation!!  Have you tried getting into a Medicare HMO
plan?  I will switch to one in Nov. and they will cover my pump supplies.
There has been no mention of a c-peptide test in order to qualify but that
may be because they are an HMO and not just Medicare.  Perhaps this is an
option for you.

Also, let the list know what type of pump you are on and perhaps people can
donate some extra supplies to get you through until your situation is
straightened out.

I don't know why it has to be so hard to receive proper medical care and the
supplies we so desperately need.  I know Medicare also limits blood strips to
100 per month which seems like a joke to me.  Maybe they need some diabetics
within the system to tell them how life with diabetes really is and that we
rely on our supplies for quality of life.

Most of all, hang in there. Perhaps the answer lies ahead.  I wish you luck,
these situations are so upsetting but know the members of this list are here
for you to listen and help with whatever advise we can.  You're not alone!