[IP] award and bawling my eyes out

Hello all, I haven't written in a while, but wanted to let everyone know as
I sit here bawling due to the 2 emails I got back from my mom and my big
brother, after I sent them my  news.  I have received my award from Joslin
for living courageously with diabetes for over 25 years, and emailed my mom
and brother about it, and thanked them so much for being there for me.  They
of course sent back long long "we are proud of you and all your
accomplishments" etc and so I am bawling.  My hubby isn't here, and
therefore alone and feeling slightly depressed about that, but also damn
proud to be alive and to be diabetic!! I am looking at diabetes for taking
shots 32 of the 33 years of having it, and that means I have shot myself
about an average of 35,055 shots in my lifetime, not counting the one and
half years of only one "shot" every three to four days since being on my
beloved pump.  I would never go back to shots, never, and as Sara SP says,
you will have to pry it out of my cold dead fingers!
Thanks for letting me roll on, and I hope that those of you just being
diagnosed etc, get your certificate too, as I know being on the pump will
help tremendously.
Love to all,
Lori A. Willey
First Express Inc.