Re: [IP] Re: Need serious help (to Dawn & Pixie)

Dawn McGrew wrote:

> I couldn't help but make a comment about the post re:Need Serious Help.  It
> concerns me gravely that someone WANTS THEIR BODY TO QUIT MAKING INSULIN.
> DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE FOR A MOTHER OF A CHILD THAT HAS TYPE I DIABETES
> AND FOR THAT CHILD TO WISH AND PRAY AND PRAY AND HOPE BEYOND ALL MEANS FOR A
> BODY TO MAKE INSULIN THAT CAN NOT.  You really ought to read the post you
> made.  Think about these Type I people who will never make their own insulin
> again and the consequences of that.  Maybe you just really need to sit back
> and think....think......think.......  It just really upset me to see that
> post.  BE THANKFUL THAT YOUR BODY IS MAKING INSULIN...........

Dawn,

I understand her comment completely.  If she has "too much" C-peptide showing up
on the test the insurance will no longer cover the pump.... And with her other
tendency (cutter), by her own admission will put her at riskif she goes back to
syringes.

I read it as "any suggestions" to reduce the C-peptide test results...

You have concern for your child AND that is very different from having to "live
it" yourself!!!!!

And to Pixie - can you get any help from "mental health professionals" to keep
the pump?   From your post, I get the impression that you consider yourself
"at-risk" if the pump is "taken away"...

Jim S.