[IP] Drastic basal changes

> From: "Hirsch Meisels" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Basels
> my basels change drasticly in the middle of the night, I
> have from 12 am to 3 am = 0.9, and latter I need 1.3 for the dawn
> phanominon, a friend of mine told me that it should not change so
> drasticly, and tha I should change it slowly each hour, from 0.9 to
> 1.0, than to 1.1, 1.2, 1.3
> Does anyone else such a drastic change, and how are you doing it ?

Welcome to the IP list, and how long have you been pumping; how long has
your friend been pumping?
If you had said your DOCTOR (or CDE/pump trainer) said to change it slowly,
then pay attention. Friends do not give medical advice - nor should we take
their advice over *experts'*.  Drastic change? Well, Mine is 0.7 from 9:00
a.m. until midnight. Then it runs 0.4 until 6:00 a.m. then is 1.6 for three
hours. Now, I think that is drastic - but it works for *me* and that is the
key. YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary). If what your basals are set at work for
YOU - don't ask friends if it is okay. Inform, don't *ask*. lol