Re: [IP] starting a pump group

I started a youth group a few years ago before going off to college.  We met
once a month.  The first meeting was at Pizza Hut.  It was a kinda get to
know everyone party.  After that we did things like go on hikes(we live near
the mountains) go bowling, go to local water parks and pools in the summer.
Stuff like that was fun but also provided exercise.  If we did a snack during
the meeting , which we usually did, it was a good chance to learn about carb
counting and servings and how to eat the appropriate snack for your blood
sugar.  It was not had for me to come up for stuff for the group to do.  A
few times we had people at the hospital come in an and talk to the group
about pumps, diets, blood sugar and health related stuff.  I was in constant
contact with the local ADA group and the people at the hospital.  Good luck
and if I can answer anymore questions let me know.

           Cheri :)