[IP] Re: Carb counting and eyeballing foods

Jennifer Sutherland wrote:
>> That scale would be good for home and for the periodic "eyeball session"
 that some folks use to get used to the sizes of foods. >>

I have a chart for eyeballing foods: A deck of cards is the size of a 3 oz.
piece of skinless, boneless breast-meat chicken; a tennis ball is the size
of 1/2 cup of veggies; a *normal* size fist is equal to 1 cup; a tennis ball
is 1 oz. of cheese; the old-style widemouth (you young'uns won't remember
that one) mayo jar lid is the size of 3 oz. cooked hamburger (a
quarter-pounder); and sliced cheese/cold cuts are usually one ounce.
Hope this helps someone.  BTW, I once bought a McD's reg. hamburger and took
it home to weigh just the meat. ONE ounce!!