Re: [IP] Site Infection

In a message dated 08/17/2000 2:53:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Lily's doc recommends a hot compress twice a day or more to stimulate
 blood flow and healing with careful monitoring of the condition of the site.
 The site should improve fairly rapidly -- any further indication of
 spread of the infection is cause for immediate concern similar to blood
 poisoning or deep wound infection >>

Make sure you do keep an eye on the area so that it does not turn into a more
serious infection.  About a year after I started pumping I got a site
infection that continued to get worse with each day.  It hurt so bad, I
couldn't even wear jeans because of the pressure of zipping them up (ok-maybe
they were too tight!)  But, seriously, the infection got so bad that I had to
have my doctor lance it with a sterile knife and push the infection out.
Totally gross, but thank goodness it didn't get any worse.  For the longest
time I had a dent in my stomach from where the infection had been.  Don't let
it get that far!!