Re: [IP] sneaking food VERY VERY LONG

Sara, I agree with a couple of things about your post.  Consequences speak
louder than words.  If the 5 year old continues to not cooperate at all, put
her back on shots and try again later.  I also agree it is a parenting issue
above all, and not necessarily embued with special nuances because the topic
is diabetes.  Your hard line approach in a way is refreshing, yet also sounds
a little inflexible.  You may have the good judgment to run a tight ship in
the right way, but put in unskilled hands, a hard line approach could turn
into a real nightmare for the child.  Your mother sounded intimidated by your
diabetes (Is a 123 bg good?  Should you eat that?  All questions she should
have known the answers to in her sleep.)  Like all of us, your approach to
this parenting issue has been chosen as a reaction to how your own parents
handled your diabetes.  Diabetes is such a head trip!!!