In a message dated 8/16/00 6:13:34 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< insisted that I should "change my insulin doses to fix this
high HemoA1C". Since I firmly believe that this result is due to abnormal
events, I do not think I should change my basals or boluses. >>

Do you have (or can you approximate) records for the period when you were
having highs versus the current readings?  If I did a lot of tests for a day
or more and found the readings were in target range, I wouldn't change
anything -- and I would have something to show the doctor to justify it.
(Or, of course, I might find out there were high or low periods that I was
not catching ordinarily)

Linda Z