[IP] sneaking food

I read the thread and wantted to respond because just becausew you know the
complications of diabetes doesn't mean you won't cheat. In the days prior
to the University group diabetes control program it was not well known that
control avoids complications. I was a pathology intern and was able to see
ingreat detail all of the diabetic complications literally up close and
personal. Yet it didn't help when my wife and I went to a party and I went
off my diet. Cheating with injections of regular to get rid of any urinary
ketones and glucose. The images of the small shrunken kidneys came to mind
during my recent years and I went thru a personal hell when I had high
levels of microalbuminuria, diabetic cardiomyopathy, stroke and heart
disease. In additon tto my unhealthy state, the years of cheating and
covering put on lots of unhalthy weight and contributed quite a bit of
insulin resistance. I found that most of this behavior was related to
depression. I have no one to blame for my complications but me but try and
explain all that to a little kid.