[IP] child pumper crisis - sneaking extra food

Our son has had diabetes since he was 4 years old and is now 11. As he
grows, I have to remind myself, he's only been on this earth ___ years, and
I've been on it considerably longer. Did he "cheat" when younger? Certainly.
Did it bend us out of shape? Yes. BUT we still needed the information on how
much had been eaten, so we quit calling it "cheating." Because of the
impugned guilt, he wouldn't reply honestly. We started calling it "extra"
food. He would usually tell us, after the fact, if he had eaten any extra
food. Hang in there. Remind yourself that she's only been on this earth 5

Joyce Riske