Re: [IP] Child Pumper Crisis: Sneaking Food

I was Dx'd at the age of 7 and was always told I couldn't have any sweets -
I started rebelling when I got a little older and was sneaking food only
because I was told I couldn't have it.  Since your daughter is on the pump
maybe you can tell her that she can have the food and to let you know so you
can calculate the carbs and bolus for it and check often.
It may slow down the basal process but after a while when she knows shes
able to eat and you bolus for it she may eventually slow down in eating the
foods she's not allowed and then you can at least try to recalculate the
But makes  sure you test test test!!! and don't forget YMMV - it may work
and it may not but I think its worth a try. The more you restrict a child
from eating the more they will sneak.

Hope this works