[IP] Child Pumper Crisis: Sneaking Food

I have a five year old daughter, Dx'd 12/99, that went
on the pump mid-July. Since she is the first child her
age in her Endo group, they didn't have any history to
start her out on ratio's and such. Because of this,
they have been very conservative and slow about making
changes. As of today, we are still experimenting with
her ratio's. When we approached my daughter about the
pump (she wanted one when I received mine, but we
wanted to make sure of her decision), we told her she
could have alot of treats she couldn't have now, at
times, in-between meals she couldn't do before. As
soon as she started the pump she, of course, wanted to
start eating donuts, and treats immediately.
Unfortunately, they took away her snacks to try to set
the Basil ratio, and this gave her alot of anxiety. My
daughter has gotten her snacks back, and we have even
given her some treats, telling her more will be
forthcoming, if she waits patiently for the other
ratios. We recently found out she has been sneaking
food. It explains some of the wacky numbers she got,
when we followed the instructions set by her CDE. As
of yesterday, four separate incidents have come up
where she was sneaking food, thus sky rocketing her
BG. She even has confided in us that she had even
taken food when on injections. My wife and I are
besides are self with grief. My wife is home with her,
and has been on this a month, neglecting our other
kids (the youngest is 8-weeks), and getting up
overnight to check BG's, while our daughter is
sabatoging her efforts. We are also surprised by the
lying, and deceitfulness of the act. After each time,
we have explained that she is very lucky to have been
given the chance to be on the pump. That when I
received DM 23 years ago, it was very strict, and you
couldn't eat anything. That sugar-free foods were few
and tasted discusting back then. That if she has
alittle patience, she will have those treats she
wants. My daughter is still sneaking food. My wife
wants to take her off the pump. Her CDE is on
vacation, so we can't consult with her. We didn't tell
her of the other incidents at start-up of the pump of
fear she would pull the plug on it. Does anyone have a
child that sneaks food, or remember if they did when
they were small. I was Dx'd @ 15, and don't remember
if I did or didn't. I do remember having my mom &
doctor say if I didn't straighten out, I would be put
into the hospital and given BIG needles. It was enough
to scare me, and also make me obsessed with
compliance. Help!

Do You Yahoo!?