[IP] educating health professionals

Well, folks.  Today I swallowed my fear of speaking to grown ups and
addressed a meeting of residents from my clinic on the impact pumping has
made in my life. Chris, the brilliant CDE who patiently has kept me afloat
all these years & Patti, pumper & dietician, and I were to simply tell our
stories in an effort to open these young doctors' minds to insulin pumps. I
did a "top ten reasons I love my pump" presentation and although I'm
personally not very eloquent in groups of adults, I was pleased they asked
pertinent questions and were in tune enough to ask where they and their
patients can get more information. I, of course, gave out IP's address. So
if there's an influx of Northern Minnesotans, blame me. The reason I'm
writing is, for those wondering if pumping is worth the hassle, if a woman
who is totally paranoid about public speaking feels so passionately about
pumping that she would face her fears and risk hives and become Duluth,
Minnesota's pump evangelist, you can believe it's worth it! And if one
other diabetic gets the pump because I helped (in a very small way) their
doctor learn that it can change their patient's life, I guess I did ok.
Thanks for letting me share. Lynn