Re: [IP] Plan of attack!

Kathie --

Sounds like your bolus/carb ratio might be a little too high.  The high numbers
though just sound like a timing problem.  It may be that you need to take your
bolus a little sooner in order to get the insulin timing and the food timing to
match.  Obviously, it will depend on the meal you are eating though.  Higher
carb/glycemic index meals will require earlier boluses.  That said, if you are
running as high as 170 to 200 for some of your meals, but your bg doesn't stay
that high very long (less than an hour or two), you might decide that you don't
mind -- sustained high bgs cause the most damage.  I sometimes find that if I
bolus early, I mess up since I don't always eat what I had planned on.

Good luck,

Ruth