[IP] growth & DM

> > So I'm curious--are most of you "oldtimers" shorter than your siblings
> parents?  And are most of our children with diabetes less affected in this
> way?
> :-)  Doreen in Wyoming

I got DM in 1950 at age 11.5. I *was* 5'7" until a year or so ago when a
nurse insisted on measuring me and I have lost an inch. (old age, shrinking
lol )  My mom is 5'3" - my father was over 6' and my bro 6'. Her siblings
and parents were all short, so if I had been short, I wouldn't have
questioned it. I do not believe DM and lack of control did anything to me.
When I say lack of control, we're talking ONE shot a day of NPH/Reg and pee
tests. No way of knowing what control was. I didn't start BG testing until
18 years ago - that's 32 years without. The lab test once every 3 months
really told nothing back then.