Re: [IP] Height (and lack thereof...)

In a message dated 8/14/00 5:46:43 PM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> So I'm curious--are most of you "oldtimers" shorter than your siblings and
>  parents?  And are most of our children with diabetes less affected in this
>  way?

I was diagnosed at age 6.  I am taller by several inches than both my parents
and just about even with my older brother.  My brother is T2 diabetic and was
in his late 30s when diagnosed.  Our non-diabetic sister is much shorter than
the two of us.

I do recall from when I went to diabetes camp in the mid 70s (Camp O'Leary -
N.E. Oklahoma) that there was a kid with some problem with the enamel on his
teeth that was attributed to developing diabetes at about the time his
permanent teeth were forming.

T1 30 years, mm508 since 07/10/00