[IP] Al Mann/MiniMed

After all my bashing about the Greed of MiniMed, I have to let you all know
that Alfred Mann, Chairman of MiniMed, is among the top 10 philanthropist in
the country, according to an article in the July 24 TIME magazine.  He has
given or pledged $270 million to Univ of Southern Cal and has established a
foundation which does research in biomedical engineering.  While we know all
about tax write-offs and other motives, the fact is that he is generous with
his money.  He knows to keep making a profit you have to keep growing
society - "you gotta give it away to keep it".  So whatever his motives, he
does help society and people and I salute him and his generousity.  To all
our benefits, his biomedical research group is into a lot of interesting
things.    Check it out for yourself at aemf.com.

Felt I had to give the man (A. Mann) his fair due.
Bonnie Richardson