RE: [IP] diabetes and menstruation onset age

Is she also athletic?  I was diagnosed at age 4 and was a tomboy growing up.
How my parents handled all the commuting, schedule, etc. is a mystery to me
and on top of that keeping my blood sugars in order I will never know.
However, I started puberty at about 14 and started menstruating at 16.  The
doctors all said it probably was a combination of being an athlete and
having D. Don't know if it is a D thing entirely, but "late blooming" is not
abnormal.  If you have some concern though, you could ask (or have her ask)
the doctor at her next physical.

-- Sherry