[IP] Dr Mirkin

I have heard his radio show and checked out his site.  Most of the dm
stuff is pretty standard.  One subject that caught my eye was on cows
milk causing T1.  The argument includes a Finnish study that came out
last year and the sources.

* Among infants with family history of juvenile diabetes, those on cow's
milk have a
much higher incidence of diabetes than those on breast milk.
* Among animals bred to develop diabetes, infant animals given cow's
milk have a
much higher incidence of diabetes.
* Human babies with antibodies against cow's insulin have a much higher
incidence of
diabetes.(this study)
* In Puerto Rico, almost all babies get cow's milk. In Cuba, almost all
babies are breast
fed. Puerto Rican babies are more than 10 times more likely to suffer
juvenile diabetes.

I had first heard this in '96/'97 (when my son was born).  My (ex) wife
did not agree, she could not breast feed because of thyroid disease, and
we used cows milk formula rather than soy.  If I had it to do over, I
would insist a little more.
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
Life is too important to be taken seriously.
 - Oscar Wilde: