Re: [IP] C-Peptide test

In a message dated 8/12/00 10:08:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Having asked about it a while back, thought I would report on my
 with the C-peptide test. The one they did on me cost $56.50, and gave
 in pmol/L, with 170-900 being the normal range.  My result read "less than
 33", which the lab person told me meant not enough to be measured (after
 being diagnosed 45 years ago at age 8, it sure would have surprised me to
 have measurable endogenous insulin production).  Of course, Medicare has it
 written in its new regulations that one has to have a C-peptide level of
 than 0.5, and that was certainly the scale in which my doctor had been
 thinking, so don't know whether the lab at my local hospital is leading the
 way or just making things more difficult.
 Linda Z >>
Linda I had mine done and after 52 years I have a .12 thats point one two
Roger C