[IP] scarring

I only get the digest and 90% of the time, don't get a
chance to even read that but I saw your question
regarding scarring and thought I'd reply, though it
may be a case of the blind leading the blind because
my son has only been pumping for about 3-4 weeks now
so I really can't comment on anything long term.

Anyway, with that in mind, I will say that my son also
has sensitive skin.  We use Tegaderm under the
infusion site to relieve itching and/or discomfort.
And when the site is removed, I put 1 or 2 drops of
Tea Tree Oil (Malaleuka alternifolia) on a kleenex and
just dab gently at the old site.  I rinse with water
(gently again-just dabbing lightly) and then apply a
tiny amount of pure Vitamin E oil directly on the old
site.  As I said, we've only been at this 3 weeks but
it seems to be working well. For whatever it's worth,
that's what we've been doing.  The Vitamin E oil tip
was given to me by my son's CDE.

On another note, does anyone know anything about the
D-Tron?  We're in the Power of Choice program and I'm
curious as to when this will come out.  Also, when it
comes out, does anyone know if the pre-filled
cartridges can be used right away with it or have they
not been approved yet?  And one more question, will
there be any pump holders and clips that fit the
D-Tron?  I emailed Uni but they won't say if their
products will fit the new pump.  (I worry too much)

support the DRI ~ http://www.dri.org

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail  Free email you can access from anywhere!