Re: [IP] Where are the good endos?

At 01:09 AM 8/13/00 -0400, you wrote:
 >Has anyone gone outside their medical group to see an endo?

Hi Linda,

I'm not sure exactly what your question is, but I can point you to one
resource that might help you. The insulin-pumpers site has a page for pump
doctor recommendations.  This is where other members recommend endos who
have been particularly helpful with insulin pumping.  You can find this
page at http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/pumpdocs.cgi or just go to the
normal home page and click on the words Insulin Pumpers' Physician
Referral, which are down toward the bottom.  This will at least give you
somewhere to start, as you may find a pump-knowledgeable endo in your area
on the list.

I'm guessing that you're on an HMO or PPO insurance plan.  I am, too, and
what I did was I found an endo I liked first, then I chose a Primary Care
physician who was in the same group.  The reasoning behind this was that I
hardly see my PC physician at all, but I see my endo quite
regularly.  Ironically enough, my PC physician is an endocrinologist
himself but wouldn't know where to start treating a pumper.

Most groups let you change PC physician at least once a year, so once you
find an endo you can get a referral from someone in the same group.

Good luck,