[IP] Potassium

> My potassium was elavated (4.8 last September and now 5.8).
> The Dr. said I may need to stop my ace inhibitor Monopril.  I see him on
> Tuesday but was curious as to how this would increase my potassium level
> can I take something else to protect my kidneys?  Any info would be
> appreciated.  Dawn

I'm on a low potassium diet. I have a list of foods that are high in
potassium, also medium amounts, and *go for it* items. I can send it to you
if you wish. E-mail me privately for that at email @ redacted  Also,
with all the fresh fruits and veggies coming on right
now, many of them are on the *watch it* list. I haven't been able to give up
potatoes yet, but have not had more than a slice or two of banana (in salad,
etc.) since 9/94.