[IP] Re: vision loss vs pumping & TCOYD

> David Winegarden wrote:
> have attended several previous TCOYD in California,
> where I have heard and met Urban Miyares, one
> of "us", pump users,
David ~

We had the pleasure of meeting Urban Miyares at the
Raleigh TCOYD conference in 1998.  I have never before
seen a motivational speaker who was so motivating!
Urban entered the conference room by running down the
aisle and jumping up onto the stage. His seeing-eye
dog had difficulty keeping up with him.

Urban is a world class athlete and in his presentation
he discussed how the pump gave him the ability to
manage his diabetes independently even though he is

Urban Miyares isn't on the schedule at the Raliegh
conference this year, and that is a dissappointment.
If any of you ever have a chance to hear him
speak...run to that meeting....you can be sure that
Urban will!

~ Janet

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail  Free email you can access from anywhere!