[IP] Surprise

Hello to all,
I received a note from my Dr. today on my recent lab results.  Wow, the
surprise I got!!  I have been pumping for almost three months and my HgA1c
was 5.8.  Needless to say, I was elated.  To keep this DM related-do have a
question though.  My potassium was elavated (4.8 last September and now
The Dr. said I may need to stop my ace inhibitor Monopril.  I see him on
Tuesday but was curious as to how this would increase my potassium level and
can I take something else to protect my kidneys?  Any info would be greatly