[IP] Re: ivision lost/blindness & managing with the pump ?

Hi Lisa,

Very sorry to hear about your vision.  I can't offer advice on pump use with
poor vision but I would like to suggest that you ask your doctors
(endocrinologist and ophthalmologist) something.  If your diabetes control
was poor before starting the pump and you gained very good control after
starting the pump it MAY not be healthy for your eyes.  There is documented
evidence that significant and rapid improvement in blood sugar control
worsens diabetic retinopathy.  It is often a temporary worsening that might
be avoided by establishing tighter control more slowly so the eyes have time
to adjust.  I hope I am not intruding but it might be worth discussing with
them.  I hope your vision continues to improve.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MM 507 -  6/9/98