Re: [IP] Eileen and her new pump

Yvonne wrote:

>>Still am getting very high bg after a set change, even though I
leave the old set in for 2-3 hours as was recommended to me by several
pumpers on this list. Is this normal, does it happen to everybody? <<

I used to get high after site changes too.  I think now that maybe it was
due to the fact that in the beginning site changes were very stressful to me
and it took me 1/2 hour to 45 minutes to change the site and do all the pump
stuff.  Now, I'm much faster, can do it in a matter of minutes and have
little or no stress when changing and bgs stay good.  I also used to get
highs after taking a shower when I unhooked from the pump, but that doesn't
happen anymore either.  I wonder if it's got anything to do with the a body
adjusting to a different way of getting insulin.  I found that after a
couple months my bgs seemed to stabilize much more.  I did a lot of basal
changing and fasting in that time period also.  But now, I'm getting pretty
good bgs and I'm loving it.  YMMV.

RoseLea and Max... together for nearly 3 months now.. woohoo!