Recently Sam requested that we try to follow the group posting guidelines,
and in particular noted:

> a. Not using HTML or stylized text, many email programs cannot
> read these types of formats and they add significantly to the
> size of each message. Use plain text only

You may not even be aware that you're doing this (though I have been known
to alert transgressors, I hope relatively politely, when they do). If you
think you might be using HTML (or MIME, or other non-plain-text format), try
this: switch over to digest format, then post something. When you get
messages only one-by-one, you never see yours. Also, HTML-format messages
often get through fine in single messages. But in digest format, the HTML
coding usually shows up.

(Now, did I follow the rules myself? Let's see: changed the subject... sent
a cc: to Sam... quoted only a small amount... my .sig is four lines long,
and that's usually considered the maximum, and they're short lines... hmmm,
I guess I'm wasting bandwidth right now, but not that badly... I'm still
on-topic... no attachments... no personal attacks or other flames... no
really terrible puns... yeah, I guess I'm OK!)

Keith Johnson
Fleischmann Planetarium, Reno NV
email @ redacted
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."