Re: [IP] pumping 2 weeks and high bg´s

Dear Yvonne,
I had a rough time getting adjusted to the pump  too. Finally after 9 months
my sugars have leveled out.  I weigh the same as Eileen and my basal rates
are .9 most day with .8 from midnight to 5am then 1.0 5-7am and back to .9.
I' was concerned about my rates too, but thinking mine were too high so I
took a suggestion from a posting here to fast one morning then one night.  No
I'm not telling you to do that, but wait till your doc gets back to change
anything.  So many people have emailed me telling me everyone is different
and their insulin requirements are different too.  So I've accepted that and
its finally going my way.  My doc said it could take a month or a year for
your body to get used to the pump.  I understand its very frustrating but
keep with it and checking.
I wish you and your daughter all the best of luck with the pump.