[IP] Reasonable accommodations, formerly I need Everyones help-Please

In a message dated 8/11/00 5:12:10 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< f a large portion of a job has specific federal/state laws that define
 requirements for the position (commercial driver or pilot for example) how
can a
 "reasonable accomadation" be made?

He did not, as I recall, apply or get accepted for a job as a commercial
driver. He applied for a position in which it was stated he could not preform
because he "MAY occasionally have to" drive a vehicle for which a CDL is
required. I could say that the "may occasionally" can be reasonably
accommodated by simply not having him drive. In other words, it was not a
definite "you *will* have to drive ..."

Just my opinion.

Jan (and Elvis)