Re: [IP] 5 hours with no insulin

Possibly site absorption?  Would depend on how far away you are moving the new
sites too, but might be a possibility.  A couple of times (in 18 years) I have had
the connection between the syringe and the infusion set break so I didn't know it,
but the set was leaking instead of bolusing (thus, no alarm).  Just a few
possibilities.  After you have been very high for more than a few hours, you do
become pretty insulin resistant so it may also be that the doses you were taking
were simply keeping your bg where it was and you needed the big dose (9 units) to
break the cycle.