Re: [IP] ADD and the pump

Hi Susan

All I can add to your comments at this moment is that the doctors
thought my son had ADD or ADHD.  He is only 4 so it's still hard to
tell.  He does have attention span problems, but, I find the same thing,
when he is in a good bgs range he has perfect behavior (for a 4 y/o
anyway) and listens better.  The 1st time I took him to a child
physocologist they told me he should be put on ritilin (spelling?).  I
told that Dr. to come up with a better plan or a different doctor.  I am
not doing ritilin unless it is the ultimate last resort for him.

I really believe it has to do with his bgs.  Last week he spent most of
his time in the 200-300 range, he was horrible, nasty, and cranky even
at pre-school.  This week we are in much better control spending most of
our time in the 80 - 150 range and he has been a true joy!!

And we also went to see a phyciatric MD to see if he could tell if the
behavior problems were a result of Andrew's medical problems (diabetes
and hyperthyroid) and he just felt that he was very "active", a very
touchy kind of kid. Likes to touch everything and know how it works.  He
didn't think that he needed meds right now to calm him down (really too
young) and that we just need to spend alot of our time with him,
teaching, talking, and working out the issues.
I am convinced that if the pump will regulate his bgs and keep him
mostly within range we will see a big difference in our children.  We
await the pump - looks like Oct.

Mom to Andrew 4 y/o - dxd 14 mos.