[IP] ADD and the pump

Saturday,we went to a pump meeting and have now completed all the
survey/questionaries that let the diabetic team "judge" our level of
intelligence.  I think the next stage will be an application for the pump.
This sure takes a LOT of paperwork!!!  Our class was 2 1/2 hours and we were
very pleased with all the information we gathered but sure would like to move
faster with this process.
Today Cory was dx'd as ADD.  We had begun some evaluation back in the spring
and are just now getting the results. I've been reading all the posts
regarding how you feel when high or low.  I know for a fact the blood sugar
levels affect Cory's attention span and he is fluctating contiously.  I don't
think a true ADD evaluation can be made when he is in this condition. He was
375 when he met with the psycologist and 250 at the close of the session. He
will be starting the 6th grade in a few weeks and he will have a major
struggle at school UNLESS we can get some special accomdations going -- we've
been working at that already for the last year and a half without much
success.  The school is willing to write a 504 ON THEIR TERMS which does not
meet his needs. This is in litigation. But my question here is --- has anyone
had the experience of being put on meds for ADD only to find they were not
needed when blood sugars were more stable?
Grand-mom to Cory
age 11 ~ dx'd 12/28/98