[IP] mental clarity

been reading this thread with interest.  I was a straight A student, except
for one C in high school (physics!), and only 3 C's in college (damn french
teacher didnt like me I guess), and I am confident I NEVER had an even,
smooth, in control day of diabetes.  I am sure I bounced from 40 to 400...I
recall my diet and habits and just shudder to think what could have happened,
adn then I wonder how much BETTER I could have done if I had known then what
I know now...

Now, today, in these more enlightened times, I do see myself functioning
better sub 180, but think, after all those years of HAVING to try harder to
meet my own personal standards (to say nothing of my parents expectations), I
have trained myself to plug on through to successful completion of whatever I
undertake despite how my body "feels"