Re: [IP] re: diabetes & twins

Lindsey -

Its a tough choice to make.  If you don't get the vaccinations you will
worry about what could happen if down the road they get something you
didn't get the vaccine.  I think we're in a no win situation.  When I
called my son Andrew's pedi endo, she said that for my son Brenden all
you can do is hope and pray he doesn't get it.  If he has the
predisposed gene and gets one of the triggers there's nothing you can
do.  The benefits of vaccinations outweight not getting them.
I hate looking back - I asked my "old" pedi to check Andrew for Diabetes
at 11 mos and again at 12 mos.   - he said I was an over anxious 1st
time mother! Every time I think of it I am outraged.  So I try not to.
I know now that I take control of my childrens health care and ask many
questions, testing etc, if I think it's warranted.  I don't let them
tell me I can't have something checked out anymore.

All I can do now is move forward and hope Brenden doesn't get it.  If he
does I know I'll be on top of it and not behind it like I was with
Andrew.
take care
Lisa