[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #397

> Subject: [IP] highs and lows - how do you feel?
 high, i do not (or i think i do not) have the
> mental clarity, it seems i have extreme mental clarity,
> hypoglycemia
> ------------------------------
> My clarity of thinking is very good when I start to have a low.  Thomas
Aquinas always said that one had to fast in order to think well.  I think a
borderline low (60-70) is very good for logical thinking and creativity(for
me).  Unfortunately, all goes downhill as the BG gets lower and keeping BGs
at that optimum level is pretty extreme.  A few extra trips to change the
sprinklers will put me in a real low.
I've had type I for 43 years and as I get older, I have noticed feeling
terrible when I am high. I barely noticed it when I was in my 20s and 30s,
but I feel tired, lethargic and less inclined to start anything new when my
sugars are high.  This meant above 300 when I was in my 40s, now any reading
above 200 affects me.
Waiting impatiently for my pump,
Kathie Koppa