Re: [IP] Mental clarity!!!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sherry Compton" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 2:26 PM
Subject: [IP] Mental clarity!!!!

> < it recently occured to me that the way i think about being high and low
> (blood
> sugars) have changed since I was first dx'd... i have, within the last
couple
> of
> years, noticed that when i am high, i do not (or i think i do not) have
the
> mental clarity i do when i am in the normal range... also, when i am low,
> sometimes it seems i have extreme mental clarity, and i sometimes come up
with

> thoughts and ideas that i don't think i would have otherwise... i don't
> attempt
> hypoglycemia just to get a creative surge - don't get me wrong... but i
just
> find that this seems to be an interesting phenomenon for me now, and i was
> wondering if anyone else feels the same way... i also wonder with
> hyperglycemia
> if i am subconsciously thinking that i SHOULD have less mental clarity
because

> have read or heard this... any thoughts (no matter what your bg is at the
time

> you read this :)  ) would be appreciated!  Ben>
>Ben I feel the same way, but blame everything on the stroke from two years
ago.  When I worked at the local, mines I was always coming up with good
ideas; they even gave me patent rights on a pump we developed.  It seems
just before I realize I am low; I seem to have a flood of thoughts or ideas,
then I stand up and nearly fall down.  The Endo I go to said when your sugar
is high, it coats the blood cells & the cells are enlarged thus can't reach
the points they need to go.  It makes sense to me but then again I've had a
stroke.