[IP] All Our Mileages may vary

David wrote:
>>I think you should adjust your basal rate rather than the bolus. When you
are in good health and your basal is set right, you should never go that
high when you don't eat. If I were you, I would check the basal rate for
early mroning out.<<

Then RoseLea wrote: >>>>>>Nope, David, changing basal won't work since this
rise happens about 1 hour
after I get up whether I get up at 5:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m.  If I set a
higher basal I run the risk of getting low before I get up.  Now, if I want
to go back to the old way of having a set schedule of getting up like on
shots, I could raise my basal and get up at exactly the same time
everyday... NOT!  RoseLea<<<<<<<<<<

I have Dawn Phenom also and do basal from 6:00 AM to 9:30 AM at a full 2.0
units.  Rest of time basal is 0.8 to 1.0 Units. Sometimes I do a "booster"
bolus and do the basal increase.    So far, we are into week two with this,
it seems to be working fine.  I have done a fasting check 2-3 times and
cannot believe how high my bg goes in the am.  Charted out the rise in bgs
on paper, (I need the visual stuff) and them put in the basal increase 1-2
hours ahead of what appeared to be the peak rise.  Still Tweaking after all
these years (6 pump years).. So basals, boluses, whatever, don't cha just
love this pumping stuff?!?!

Bonnie Richardson
Contracts Administrator
PH: 256-382-1188, X1141