Re: [IP] High Blood Sugars after eating -- esp. breakfast

Sue (dalgal) wrote:

>>I too have had hi BS after eating. Especially breakfast. <<

I also have a problem with high bgs in the morning.  I was bolusing 1:7 for
breakfast which resulted in lows around 10:00-11:00 am.   I did an am fast
which showed that even without eating my bg would rise to over 200 about an
hour after I get up.  My solution to this now is to bolus 1.5u when getting
out of bed whether I eat right away or not.  This levels out my bg, then
when I have breakfast I bolus my regular 1:15 and have good levels after
breakfast without the low later in the morning, even with cereal.  YMMV.