Re: [IP] little guys and crazy moms

As the saying goes, "Been there, done that!"  My almost 7 yr old son was
diagnosed at 19 months.  I still feel guilty about the times I "lost it" with
him over food.  For almost 3 straight years, not a morsel of food passed his
lips that I didn't feed him by hand.  Talk about food wars!  Don't beat
yourself up with guilt, but make sure that you explain to him that you hate
diabetes, not him.  After all, you're only human and you lose it because you
love him so much and don't want anything bad to happen to him.  I told my son
recently, "If you saw me cross the street without looking both ways and you
saw that a car was about to hit me, would you whisper, Mom stop, or yell, MOM
STOP!!!!  He said he would yell.  I said that's how it was with the food.  I
was afraid that if I didn't yell, he wouldn't eat and something bad would
happen to him.  On the lighter side, he's had a pump for one year now, and
the difference is like night and day.  I often wish that he'd had that pump
during those horrible years.  My advice, don't leave your Dr's office without
that pump!

Good luck and God bless you all,