Re: [IP] re: diabetes & twins

Amy
Regarding your twin being tested for the "gene" - do you really mean
"gene", or "pancreatic autoantibodies"?   I asked for gene testing for
my 1 year old and they said it can only be done at the reseach level.
He was recently tested for the pancreatic autoantibodies and out of 3
possible antibodies 1 came back positive.  I am in the process of trying
to find out more info on exactly what the autoantibodies are.  The one
that came back positive for him was the insulin autoantibody.  So we are
in "watch" mode for symptoms, and will retest in about 4-6 mos.  I
really wanted the gene testing.  If you have any info - or if anyone
else does, please write.

thanks!
Lisa
Mom to Andrew 4 yo / dxd at 14 mos /hopes to be pumping by Oct.