Re: [IP] sugar alcohol?

Hi Dauna,
A carb is a carb is a carb.  It's really hard for some of us old timers to
realize that Hey, I can eat that king size chocolate bar, but you can...
When I first got my pump, I bought a King size Hershey bar with 60 grams.
My ins:carb ratio is 1:15, so I gave a 4 unit bolus, ate my candy and my
blood sugar was 115 afterwards.  I was soooo excited, cause I was never able
to do this before.  So yes, if you have the right insulin:carbohydrate
ratio, you can "cheat"!!