Re: [IP] hives

You might want to ask your doctor to test you for "Chronic Uticaria".  It's
an auto-immune process and since diabetes is too, we diabetics are sometimes
more prone to other disorders of autoimmunity.  I started getting hives 3
years ago, about 6 months after starting my pump and I too thought it was a
reaction to the tubing, catheter, etc.  After many doctor visits(allergist,
rheumatoligist, dermatoligist) I was diagnosed with "chronic uticaria"
which just means chronic itching.  Great, I said, so now I take
antihistamines and it's a lot better.  But no prednisones(too many side
effects)  Hopefully,  you won't have this bothersome problem. (By the way,
there is no cure, you just treat the symptoms ie antihistamines)
good health to you,