Re: [IP] High Blood Sugars after eating

I too have had hi BS after eating. Especially breakfast. My new Endo and CDE
want me to stay away from cereal (he says that's the worst thing to have for
breakfast because it's all carbs).I'm to have a lot of protein. Bisquits and
toast  (2 slices) are even bad for me. I have found that English muffins are
better (1) and am going to have to bolus that meal at 1:8 or 1:9 rather than
my usual 1:10. So I've been having an English muffin sandwitch made with
1/4th cup egg beaters, 1 slice fat free cheese, 1 slice fat free ham or
canadian bacon
1/2 c skim milk and 1/2 c orange juice for a total of 51 carbs. 2 hrs. after
eating my BS was 124 with a 1:8 bolus but then was 58 4 hrs after eating. So
will probably bolus 1:9 tomorrow. But having more protien does seem to even
things out better.