[IP] Microalbumin in Urine - Erroneous Results

I wrote to the list a week or so ago asking if anyone had had false positive on random microalbumin tests.  Thanks to those of you who wrote to me - I felt better after seeing that people do get false positives.

My son is 14 and has had diabetes since he's 20 months old.  He had 2 positive random microalbumin tests (the second one at 447!).  He did the 12 hour, overnight test and the results came back at 25.

Just thought I'd let everybody know that a positive random microalbumin test can be wrong!